Entry Requirements For Teachers Training Colleges In Kenya
Entry Requirements For The Diploma In Primary Teachers Education (DPTE)
- Diploma in Primary Teacher Education (Grade 1-6) entry grade is KCSE Mean Grade of C (Plain) or its equivalent with a C (Plain) in the following cluster subjects. (English and Kiswahili; Mathematics; Humanities (Any); Sciences (Any).)
- For candidates with disabilities, the minimum entry grade is C- (Minus) and C- (Minus) in the cluster of subjects stated above.
- The duration of the course shall be three (3) years in accordance with the approved Curriculum designs.
- The Trainees shall be required to cover the recommended hours for coursework, and required hours for practicum and pass the assessments as directed by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC).
- The Teacher Trainee shall undertake three months micro-teaching course which is a pre-requisite for teaching practice
Entry Requirements For The Diploma In Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE)
- The academic entry requirements for the Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE) shall be C (Plain) Mean Grade in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (KCSE) or its equivalent (as equated by the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC).
- Candidates with disabilities shall be admitted with C- (Minus) grade in KCSE or equivalent.
Leave a Reply