New TSC hardship areas and allowances per job group 2023-2025
TSC hardship areas. Teachers hired by the Teachers Service Commission TSC-Kenya receive a range of compensation, including salaries and other benefits.
Variables that influence the teachers’ TSC salaries
These include Academic credentials, professional experience, and the location of the institutions or teaching stations.
This page aims to provide readers with enough details about how TSC compensates teachers assigned to secondary schools in grade C2 (Job Group K)
TSC hardship areas
TSC has mapped locations that are hardship areas and others that are not.
For an area to be classified as a hardship area it must satisfy the following conditions
- lack of food, its scarcity, or inability to access it
- Lacking fundamental social services and amenities, an inadequate network of transportation and communication,
- persistently bad weather conditions, including drought, landslides, and flooding, as well as unrest and a high likelihood of security concerns.
Teachers working in Schools situated in hardship areas(ASAL) have different benefits compared to their counterparts working in areas not mapped in hardship areas.
NEW HARDSHIP AREAS MAPPED BY TSC
- Turkana County
- Mandera County
- Samburu County
- Wajir County
- West Pokot County
- Narok County
- Garissa County
- Marsabit County
- Isiolo County
- Tana River County
- Lamu County
- Kilifi County
- Kwale County
- Taita Taveta County
- Baringo North. The areas include; Tiaty East, Tiaty West, and Marigat sub-counties.
- Kajiado county- loitoktok, mashuuru and Kajiado west
- Kitui County- Mumoni, Mutito North and Teikuru sub-counties
- Homa bay county- suba and Mbita sub-counties
TSC HARDSHIP ALLOWANCES PER JOB GROUP/GRADE
Leave a Reply