In the past The Kenya National Examinations Council has been replacing certificates for those who happen to have lost theirs, but of late the Council does not replace certificates but they administer a certification letter which serves as an original and authentic certificate. The process in the past has always been a bit hectic as one was required to visit the KNEC offices to do the replacement.
As it stands now, those who have lost their certificates can apply for a certification letter online through the KNEC website once you have the required documents. The documents that you require before application are;
1. Copy of the certificate(s) or slip
2. Letter from center where you sat for the Exam.
3. Sworn legal affidavit from an advocate or court.
4. Birth certificate
5. Police abstract on the loss of the certificate
6. Letter from Registrar of persons
7. Passport photo size
8. National ID
Instructions to follow so as to be given the certification slip:
Get an application for replacement of lost certificates and carefully fill.
- The application form can be obtained from the KNEC Archive and record office or downloaded from the KNEC website www.knec.ac.ke
- Applicants are expected to complete the application form when requesting for a replacement certificate and submit it to the council secretary
- The applicant must appear in person and should be collected by the owner in person.
- Certificate MUST be collected within two years otherwise it might be disposed off without communication.
- Applicant must be aware that once payment is made there is no Refund.
- Applicants MUST ensure that their certificate are LOST or DESTROYED before applying for replacement.
KNEC Offices and Contacts
Offices and their contacts
Kenya National Examination Council
Should be addressed to,
Council Secretary / Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box: 73598 00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
KNEC Head Office- Nairobi
National Housing Corporation (NHC) House,
Aga Khan Walk
P.O. Box: 73598- 00200,
Tel: +254 020 3317412 / 3317413 / 3317419 / 3317427 / 3341027 /3341050 / 3341071 / 3341098 / 3341113 / 2213381
Fax: +254-020- 2226032
Email contact: email@example.com
National Bank Building
Tel: +254 – 020 246919 / 020-247204
Ex-telecoms House, 3rd floor
Haile Selassie Avenue,
Tel: +254 -020 2211545/6/7
Dennis Pritt Road,Kilimani
Tel:+254 – 020 2713874 / 020-2713894 / 020-2713845; 020-2715980 / 020-2711536
Industrial Area Offices,
Ministry of Public Works, Supplies Branch,
Tel:+254 – 020 650821 / 020-650822
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .