These teachers report to the Head Teacher.
They are expected to have the knowledge on the development and implementation of the curriculum,the education policies awls well as programmes running a school
Important to note is that this promotion grade will be competitive and subject to availability of vacancies in a school.
TSC minimum requirements for promotion for these administrators.
Inorder for one to qualify for appointment to the grade of Deputy Head Teacher I, one must meet these requirements:
- Must have served as Deputy Head Teacher II T-Scale 9 for 3 years and above.
- Must show satisfactory rating in the TSC performance appraisal process
- Must have successfully completed the relevant (TPD) modules.
- Must have ability to demonstrate ability to supervise provide professional support to others.
- have a valid Teaching Certificate;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution;
- Must meet any other requirement needed by tsc at the time of promotion.
OFFICIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER I
Some of the duties and responsibilities of Deputy Head Teacher II and I include:
- Ensure coordination and provision guidance and counselling services to the teachers, nonteaching staff and learners.
- Facilitation of proper discipline is maintained in the school by the teachers, the non-teaching staff and the learners.
- To ensure close supervision , interpretation and implementation of the curriculum by ensuring schemes of work and lesson plans are done by teachers;
- To coordinate internal examinations and assessments .
- Facilitation of implementation of scheduled instructional programmes
- Be in charge of the necessary instructional materials are sourced, availed and utilised by the teachers and learners to support curriculum implementation;
- Take full charge of stores requisition and maintenance of proper inventory for accountability and optimum utilisation;
- Ensure close supervision of teaching and non-teaching staff for proper discharge of tuition programmes.
- Make arrangements on supervision of school activities including maintenance of cleanliness and general repairs of buildings among others.